The QWeMA Newsletter Archives [PDF downloads]
Retirement Income: Analyzed
- Question of the Month: What is a Guaranteed Lifetime Income Benefit on a GLWB really worth?
- Using Actuarial Assumptions in QVEL Functions: L, M and B values
- New book! Pensionize Your Nest Egg: How to Use Product Allocation to Create a Guaranteed Income for Life
- New Year brings New Retirement Income Planning Tools from The QWeMA Group – Launch of QVEL 2.5
- Case Studies in Retirement Income Planning: Understanding the Sustainability and Legacy Tradeoff
- Question of the Month: You have a Variable Annuity (VA) with a Guaranteed Lifetime Income Benefit (GLiB) income rider that is underwater. The account is down quite substantially from its starting point. What are the chances the account value will recover and the income will re-set to a higher level?
- Question of the Month: I strongly believe that my client should Pensionize™ a fraction of their nest egg, but I am concerned that interest rates are abnormally low these days, and that as pricing rates increase the payouts on life annuities will improve. I know what life annuities are paying now, but how much more will my 65 year-old client get if rates move-up by 1% to 2% over the next five years?
- Question of the Month: My client has a basic variable annuity (VA) with a 5% Guaranteed Living Withdrawal Benefit (GLWB). I am trying to figure-out how to allocate the money within the various sub-accounts, to maximize the value of the embedded guarantee. How can I use the RCLA and QSWiP functions in QVEL to analyze this decision?
- Question of the Month: My client has unrealistic expectations regarding how much he/she can spend during retirement, given the size of their nest egg. They just do not have enough. What is the best way to explain this to them? How sustainable is their retirement income plan if they do not reduce their standard of living?